1. Supports healthy vision. One medium sized carrot contains 7.836 IU of Vitamin A Vitamin A is an essential antioxidant that maintains vision.
2. In a published research article in the Archives of Internal Medicine in 2007 showed that the carotenoids in carrots strengthens the immune system and maintains vision. Carrots also contain zeaxanthin and lutein that are found in high quantities in the retina.
3. Supports heart health. The participants in a research study published in the British Journal of Nutrition in 2011 exhibited a 32% decrease in cardiovascular disease.
4. Carrots are high in fiber and low on the glycemic index which makes it a great food for weight loss.
WHAT’S UP DOC!!!!
by Dr. Earl Mindell
GOOD MOOD FOODS
2. Green Veggies (Carotenoids)
3. Whole Grains (B complex)
4.Greek Yogurt (Protein)
5.Tea Green or white
6. Dark Chocolate (Antioxidants)
7. Fatty Fish Omega-3
Wild Salmon, Cod, Mackerel, Tuna, Halibut, Sardines and Anchovies
What’s In Your Tap Water
1. Pesticides and herbicides
5. Hydrogen Sulfide
6. Pharmaceuticals from Ampicillin to Zyrtec
10. Slats such as Magnesium or Sodium Sulfate
THIRSTY? I would recommend a water filter or drink clean bottled water.
IF YOU ARE CRAVING A SNACK STAY CLEAR OF:
1. Rice Cakes is a high glycemic food that makes your blood sugar spike.
2. Diet Drinks are Artificially too sweet, and tells your body to expect a burst of fuel. Your brain tells you to eat to replace those missing calories.
3. Packaged Snacks usually made with High Fructose Corn Syrup,
Research shows that it may trigger overeating because your hunger is not satisfied.
4. Red meat High in Iron, suppresses Leptin, which curbs your appetite.
Vitamin C and E Decrease the Risk of Dementia.
A study published in the Journal of Pharmacotherapy reported that when 5,269 men and women who were free of dementia, the ones taking supplements of Vitamins C and E, over a 11 year period, were 38% less likely to be diagnosed with dementia from all causes.
51 WAYS TO CALL SUGAR- SUGAR IN THE USA
I used to say that there are 32 ways that you can call sugar a different name in the USA, without calling it sugar. Now there are 48 ways.
Here they are watch for them on the label:
2. Barley Malt
3. Beet Sugar
4.Brown Rice Syrup
6. Cane Sugar
9. Coconut Palm Sugar
10. Concentrated fruit sugar
11. Corn Sugar and Corn Sugar Solids
12. Date Sugar
16. Florida Crystals
17. Fruit Juice Concentrate
18. Frucooligosaccharides (FOS)
26. High-fructose Corn Suar
28. Invert sugar
29. Karol Syru-
32. Malted barley
39. Ribose rice syrup
40. Rice Malt
45. Sucrose (Commpn Table Sugar)
46. Turbinado Sugar
The best alternatives are:
If you must have something sweeter try in small amounts:
AVOID ALL ARTIFICIAL SWEETENERS SUCH AS:
by Earl Mindell
DRUGS THAT CAUSE HAIR LOSS
2. Cholesterol drugs
3. Fungal infection drugs
4. Heart and Hypertension drugs
6.Immune suppression drugs
7. Inflammation/pain relief drugs
8. Viral infection drugs
Check with your physician or pharmacist and see if the prescription drugs you are taking can cause hair loss, if you are experiencing this problem.
CRUSH YOUR CRAVINGS WITH THESE FOODS.
Do you become a craving crazy. Well, it is not your fault. Actually your hormones cause you to crave food. When your stomach empties a hormone called ghrelin is produced which causes you to be hungry. The secret is to stay full, don’t let the “gremlins” attack.
Here are some foods that fight the hunger feeling:
1. Apples Yes an apple a day helps balance your blood sugar. When your blood sugar drops at 10 am, 2,4,8 and 10 pm you crave a snack. Apples are good source of pectin, a fiber, that gives you a sense of being full, for 1 to 2 hours.
Try eating an apple before each meal with a full glass of clean water. This will cause you to eat a lot less.
2. Fiber Bran either wheat or rice will do the trick
Dissolve 1 to 2 tablespoonfuls of fiber in a large glass of water. This will fill up your stomach. At breakfast it the best time to drink this, or after dinner or before bed.
Fiber also helps you become regular with your bowel movements. Adults only get 50% of the fiber they need in their diets. No wonder constipation is so common.
3. Green Tea. It contains a plant nutrient called EGCG (epigallocatechin gallate) which increases the hormone CCK
(Cholecystokinin) which is responsible for creating the feeling of being full (satiation). EGCG also stimulates your cells to burn energy, including fat.
4. Red Wine Vinegar When you ferment red wine long enough it becomes red wine vinegar, It is a healthy appetite suppressing addition to any meal. Red wine vinegar also contains Resveratrol that has been determined to protect your heart.
You can add 2 tablespoonfuls mixed with sparkling water or use it as a salad dressing, or just garnish your food with it.
5. Pine Nuts A great source of omega-6 fatty acids in pine nuts, has shown to increase the release of satiety hormones.
The fullness lasts about 30 minutes. They are a great snack on the go.
The real secret of weight loss is to stay full by eating foods that are low in calories or have no calories at all (Fiber) so that you don’t have the cravings “munchies”.
PAIN PILLS THAT CAN GIVE YOU A PAIN.
1.CELECOXIB BRAND NAME: CELEBREX
FDA requires a warning label for heart disease and internal bleeding.
2. DICLOFENAC Generic Name Diclofenac Sodium
Heart risks if taken for long periods of time.
3. IBUPROFEN Brand Name: Motrin, Advil
OVER 2400 Mgs daily can boost the risk of coronary events.
4. NAPROXEN Brand Name: Aleve
Can cause internal bleeding.
5. ASPIRIN It reduces clotting and pain, but it can increase bleeding dangerously.
Just because a drug is over the counter (OTC) does not mean it is harmless. Check with your pharmacist if you are taking RX drugs, before adding an OTC one.
For alternatives to RX and OTC drugs check out my book “Prescription Alternatives” 4 th edition at Amazon.com scroll to books and just type in Earl Mindell, all my 55 books will appear.
FIGHT ZITS WITH FISH
Research published in the Journal of the American Academy of Dermatology showed that people who eat fish at least once a week are 68% less likely to have acne. The reason fish does this is that omega-3 fatty acids found in fatty fish may suppress inflammation. Once again fish such as wild salmon, tuna, halibut mackerel and sardines are the richest in omega-3.