Telomeres are the repeated DNA-sequences found at the ends of linear chromosomes that protect DNA from damage during replication. Overtime this shortening of Telomeres are linked to natural aging.
NUTRITION AND TELOMERES LENGTH
1. Astragalus This plant when used at low levels and purified “turns on” the Telomerase and helps maintain Telomere length.
2. Vitamin D Has a positive correlation with Telomere length.
3. Rhodiola Has a positive correlation with Telomere length
4. Magnesium supports Telomere length.
5. Omega-3 High levels of this nutrient is linked to having longer Telomere length.
* Reishi mushrooms were well known to ancient Chinese practitioners for their wide array of life-giving properties.
* Science today reveals that Reishi mushrooms contain myriad bioactive molecules, many of which help boost your immune system. They also help to reverse the waning immunity that accompanies old age.
* Reishi mushrooms extracts contribute to your body’s ability to protect itself from infections, while also reducing your risk of inflammatory conditions, such as heart disease.
* Reisji extracts act as a supplement that can favorably affect your health in all kinds of conditions.
* Reishi extracts can strengthen and balance your immune system and prevent infection, and heart disease
My father was right 60 years ago. He loved to take a hot bath, so he had built a 6′ 6” bathtub where he could soak for an hour. It was so long ago, that he had to have the Jacuzzi outside the tub with the jets put into the water. But I digress.
The good news comes from a study out of the National Center for Sport and Exercise Medicine at the University of Loughborough in the United Kingdom.
The researchers recruited 14 men and assigned them to either an hour of moderate cycling or an hour-long soak in a 104-degree bath.
The bathers burned about 140 calories on the average, similar to a half-hour walk. They also found the bathers had improved ability to control blood sugar, an important measure of metabolic health.
Exposing your body to heat has similar effects to cold exposure, it seems to activate your circulatory system that may have long-term health benefits.
1. HIGH BLOOD SUGAR–Skin turns pasty or gray, widespread blemishes, and sagging under your eyes.
2. GLUTEN ALLERGY–Blemishes and dark patches on the chin.
3. TOO MUCH WINE–Your face is lined and ruddy,producing spots between your eyebrows, droopy eyelids
4. TOO MUCH MILK–Swollen, dark eyelids, dull skin and pimples breaking out on your chin.
1. LION’S MANE (Hericium erinaceuas)
* Can regrow brain cells
* Protective of nerve cells
* Stimulates Nerve Growth Factors
*Reduces oxidative damage to brain
* Provides Vitamin D, amino acids and other bioacailable
nutrients for optimal cognitive function.
2. REISHI (Ganoderma lucidum)
* Functions as an adaptogen to reduce stress damage
* Supports healthy function of the Central Nervous System
* Balances Cholesterol levels.
* Boosts immune health
3. CORDYCEPS (Cordyceps militaris)
* Enhances cellular energy levels
* Supports Healthy blood circulation
* Slows cognitive decline associated with aging
* Supports healthy inflammation response.
4. SHITAKE (Lentinula edodes)
* Fights inflammation in the brain
* Supports healthy cholesterol and triglyceride levels
* Balances immune system
* Supports healthy liver and kidney function.
5. TURKEY TAIL (Trametes versicolor)
* Helps eliminate heavy metals that can cause decline in
* Support healthy liver and function.
* Boosts performance of other antioxidants in your body
A study in the Archives of Sexual Behavior reported that American Adults had sex 54 times per year from 2010 to 2014, nearly nine fewer times annually then from 2000 to 2004.
A report from the Centers of Disease Control and Prevention shows that more women now die from overdoses of prescription drugs such as OxyContin (Oxycodone Hcl), Vicodin (Acetaminophen/Hydrocodone Bitartrate), Percocet (Acetaminophen/Oxtcodo0ne Hcl) than from cervical cancer, homicide or street drugs such as heroin and cocaine.
More men die from painkiller overdoses than women do, but the rate of death among women is rising much more rapidly–soaring 400 percent in 10 years.
Women are more likely to experience chronic pain, which translates into taking painkiller drugs at higher doses. over a longer period of time. Women also are more likely to take anti-anxiety drugs that can be a lethal in combination with pain medication.
My feelings as a pharmacist is to look to alternative therapies for pain. See my book “Prescription Alternatives” for more information.
1. Fatty Fish Examples: Wild Salmon, Mackerel, Halibut, Albacore Tuna,Tilapia, Sardines and Anchovies, All great sources of Omega -3 Fatty Acids.
2. Olive Oil Extra Virgin is preferred. Rich in Monounsaturated fatty acids.
Try it on bread (Instead of butter), in baked potatoes (Instead of butter)
as a salad dressing, I even use it on air popped pop corn (Instead of butter) If you have to have butter, try one-half olive oil and one-half butter.
3. Avocados Rich in Monounsaturated fatty acids. Gives a buttery mouth feel and delicious flavor in sandwiches and burgers.
4. Go Nuts with Walnuts and Almonds
5. Flaxseed In meal form can be added to soups, salads, sprinkled on cereals
It converts to omega-3, not as efficiently as fish oil. Also comes in oil and
capsules. Refrigerate after opening.
6. Canola Oil Great for cooking Use also instead of butter or margarine for
cooking. Originally called Rape seed oil, toxic ingredient removed in
Canada, renamed Canola or Canada OIl.
Foods and Beverages to avoid:
1. Fried or Fatty Foods
5. Coffee (Including decaf)
6. Carbonated drinks
7. Ketchup and Mustard
9. Tomato sauce
10. Citrus Fruits or juices.
No wonder that antacids and drugs to stop acid secretion are the number one Over the Counter remedies.
Stomach cancer kills more people than any cancers other than lung and liver. In the USA stomach cancer rates have decreased, but 5 year survival are still around 30%.
The American Cancer Institute for Cancer Research recommends:
1. Lose excess weight. People who are overweight or obese have a greater risk of stomach cancer.
2. Eat as little as possible of salt-preserved foods.
3. Limit alcohol intake. People who consume 3 drinks a day have a higher risk .