Do you become a craving crazy. Well, it is not your fault. Actually your hormones cause you to crave food. When your stomach empties a hormone called ghrelin is produced which causes you to be hungry. The secret is to stay full, don’t let the “gremlins” attack.
Here are some foods that fight the hunger feeling:
1. Apples: Yes an apple a day helps balance your blood sugar. When your blood sugar drops at 10 am, 2,4,8 and 10 pm you crave a snack. Apples are good source of pectin, a fiber, that gives you a sense of being full, for 1 to 2 hours.
Try eating an apple before each meal with a full glass of clean water. This will cause you to eat a lot less.
2. Fiber Bran: either wheat or rice will do the trick
Dissolve 1 to 2 tablespoonfuls of fiber in a large glass of water. This will fill up your stomach. At breakfast it the best time to drink this, or after dinner or before bed.
Fiber also helps you become regular with your bowel movements. Adults only get 50% of the fiber they need in their diets. No wonder constipation is so common.
3. Green Tea: It contains a plant nutrient called EGCG (epigallocatechin gallate) which increases the hormone CCK
(Cholecystokinin) which is responsible for creating the feeling of being full (satiation). EGCG also stimulates your cells to burn energy, including fat.
4. Red Wine Vinegar: When you ferment red wine long enough it becomes red wine vinegar, It is a healthy appetite suppressing addition to any meal. Red wine vinegar also contains Resveratrol that has been determined to protect your heart.
You can add 2 tablespoonfuls mixed with sparkling water or use it as a salad dressing, or just garnish your food with it.
5. Walnuts: Are a great source of omega-6 fatty acids. Walnuts have been shown to increase the release of satiety hormones.
The fullness lasts about 30 minutes. They are a great snack on the go.
The real secret of weight loss is to stay full by eating foods that have a lot of fiber, so that you don’t have the cravings “munchies.”
by Dr. Earl Mindell