1. Pesticides and herbicides
5. Hydrogen Sulfide
6. Pharmaceuticals from Ampicillin to Zyrtec
10. Slats such as Magnesium or Sodium Sulfate
THIRSTY? I would recommend a water filter or drink clean bottled water.
1. Rice Cakes is a high glycemic food that makes your blood sugar spike.
2. Diet Drinks are Artificially too sweet, and tells your body to expect a burst of fuel. Your brain tells you to eat to replace those missing calories.
3. Packaged Snacks usually made with High Fructose Corn Syrup,
Research shows that it may trigger overeating because your hunger is not satisfied.
4. Red meat High in Iron, suppresses Leptin, which curbs your appetite.
A study published in the Journal of Pharmacotherapy reported that when 5,269 men and women who were free of dementia, the ones taking supplements of Vitamins C and E, over a 11 year period, were 38% less likely to be diagnosed with dementia from all causes.
2. Cholesterol drugs
3. Fungal infection drugs
4. Heart and Hypertension drugs
6.Immune suppression drugs
7. Inflammation/pain relief drugs
8. Viral infection drugs
Check with your physician or pharmacist and see if the prescription drugs you are taking can cause hair loss, if you are experiencing this problem.
Do you become a craving crazy. Well, it is not your fault. Actually your hormones cause you to crave food. When your stomach empties a hormone called ghrelin is produced which causes you to be hungry. The secret is to stay full, don’t let the “gremlins” attack.
Here are some foods that fight the hunger feeling:
1. Apples Yes an apple a day helps balance your blood sugar. When your blood sugar drops at 10 am, 2,4,8 and 10 pm you crave a snack. Apples are good source of pectin, a fiber, that gives you a sense of being full, for 1 to 2 hours.
Try eating an apple before each meal with a full glass of clean water. This will cause you to eat a lot less.
2. Fiber Bran either wheat or rice will do the trick
Dissolve 1 to 2 tablespoonfuls of fiber in a large glass of water. This will fill up your stomach. At breakfast it the best time to drink this, or after dinner or before bed.
Fiber also helps you become regular with your bowel movements. Adults only get 50% of the fiber they need in their diets. No wonder constipation is so common.
3. Green Tea. It contains a plant nutrient called EGCG (epigallocatechin gallate) which increases the hormone CCK
(Cholecystokinin) which is responsible for creating the feeling of being full (satiation). EGCG also stimulates your cells to burn energy, including fat.
4. Red Wine Vinegar When you ferment red wine long enough it becomes red wine vinegar, It is a healthy appetite suppressing addition to any meal. Red wine vinegar also contains Resveratrol that has been determined to protect your heart.
You can add 2 tablespoonfuls mixed with sparkling water or use it as a salad dressing, or just garnish your food with it.
5. Pine Nuts A great source of omega-6 fatty acids in pine nuts, has shown to increase the release of satiety hormones.
The fullness lasts about 30 minutes. They are a great snack on the go.
The real secret of weight loss is to stay full by eating foods that are low in calories or have no calories at all (Fiber) so that you don’t have the cravings “munchies”.
1.CELECOXIB BRAND NAME: CELEBREX
FDA requires a warning label for heart disease and internal bleeding.
2. DICLOFENAC Generic Name Diclofenac Sodium
Heart risks if taken for long periods of time.
3. IBUPROFEN Brand Name: Motrin, Advil
OVER 2400 Mgs daily can boost the risk of coronary events.
4. NAPROXEN Brand Name: Aleve
Can cause internal bleeding.
5. ASPIRIN It reduces clotting and pain, but it can increase bleeding dangerously.
Just because a drug is over the counter (OTC) does not mean it is harmless. Check with your pharmacist if you are taking RX drugs, before adding an OTC one.
For alternatives to RX and OTC drugs check out my book “Prescription Alternatives” 4 th edition at Amazon.com scroll to books and just type in Earl Mindell, all my 55 books will appear.
Research published in the Journal of the American Academy of Dermatology showed that people who eat fish at least once a week are 68% less likely to have acne. The reason fish does this is that omega-3 fatty acids found in fatty fish may suppress inflammation. Once again fish such as wild salmon, tuna, halibut mackerel and sardines are the richest in omega-3.
1. GUAVA Helps boost your immune system. High in potassium and lycopene
2. BLUEBERRIES FRESH OR FROZEN I call them “Brain Berries” Rich in antioxidants and high in dietary fiber.
3. CABBAGE Loaded with nutrients that can fight cancer.
4. BEETS High in folic acid excellent for pregnant women. Cancer preventive.
5. SARDINES High in Omega-3 fatty acids which help to normalize cholesterol and ideal for weight watchers. They can boost your immune system.
6. CANNED PUMPKIN High in fiber, low calories ideal for weight watchers.
A study published in the Journal of Alzheimer’s Disease on Feb 10, 2016 showed that a previously reported double-blind trial involving healthy men and women between the ages of 50 and 80 years old, who received 2,200 mg per day of omega-3 fatty acids or a placebo, improved 13.2% versus 3.5% of the placebo group with a better memory.