1. A GOOD FAT DIET Consisting of foods or supplements rich in Omega-3 Fatty Acids, which are rich in EPA and DHA.
Foods such as: Wild Salmon, Mackerel, Halibut, Tuna, Sardines and Anchovies. Vegetarians: Flax Seeds of Flax Seed Oil
Krill oil is an excellent source of DHA also.
Supplements: Krill Oil one to three daily, Fish OIl 1000mg. 1 to 3 daily.
CAUTION: IF YOU TAKE BLOOD THINNERS PLAVIX OR WARFARIN (COUMADIN) check with you pharmacist or physician about adding
Essential Fatty Acids (the good fats) to your diet or supplements.
2. SPICE UP YOU LIFE WITH TURMERIC ACTIVE INGREDIENT CURCUMIN
This spice, well utilized in India and Japan has been shown in clinical research studies to protect your brain from changes that occur as we age.
Supplements: 500 mg one to three times daily.
Food: Add turmeric to your cooking.
3. PROTECT YOUR BRAIN FROM ROGUE FREE RADICALS
These free radicals can damage cells throughout your body, including your brain. They cause oxidation or rusting and premature aging of cells.
Supplements: COQ10 100 to 200 mg daily.
If you are taking “Statin” drugs to lower cholesterol you are especially in need of C)Q10. Statins can contribute significantly to memory loss because they interfere with the production of COQ10.
4. TRASH THE TOXINS
*Choose organic foods and beverages whenever possible.
* Drink 8 to 10 glasses of pure, clean, water daily
* Get at least 8 hours of deep, restful sleep a night
* Take a liver support supplement such as Milk Thistle daily
* Exercise 30 minutes daily in early morning or evening when pollution is less.
5. OTHER SUPPLEMENTS RECOMENDATIONS
*B-COMPLEX 50 MG ONE TO TWICE DAILY
* ZINC CITRATE 5 MG.
* BACOPA MONIERA 100 MG.
* PHOSPHATIDYL CHOLINE AND SERINE 100 MG
* DMAE 75 MG
* L-GLUTAMINE 50 MG
* VINPOCETINE 60 MG
* WILD BLUEBERRY EXTRACT 100 MG
* HUPERZINE A (CLUB MOSS) 100 MG.
* MANGANESE 5 MG.
*RESVERATROL 1000 MG. IMPROVES MEMORY
*GOTU KOLA ” ”
* DHEA IMPROVES COGNITIVE FUNCITON
All theses supplements can be found in a good Brain and Memory Supplement.
by Dr. Earl Mindell