1. LEAFY GREEN VEGETABLES They are a rich source of lutein and zeaxanthin, antioxidants that lower the risk of developing macular degeneration and cataracts.
2. FATTY FISH SUCH AS COD, HALIBUT, ALBACORE TUNA, MACKEREL, SARDINES AND ANCHOVIES.
They are rich sources of DHA which is found in your retina.
Low levels of DHA in the retina can cause dry eyes.
3. ALMONDS Rich source of Vitamin E, which slows macular degeneration
4. BERRIES AND CITRUS FRUITS. Rich in Vitamin C. which has shown to reduce the risk of developing macular degeneration and cataracts.
5. EGGS The yolk is a prime source of lutein and zeaxanthin, plus zinc, which also helps reduce the risk of macular degeneration.
by Dr. Earl Mindell