1. STEROIDS Used for allergies and asthma as well as other conditions. Modest elevation in cholesterol and triglycerides (blood fats)
2. PROGESTIN A hormone used in birth control pills. It raises LDL (Bad) cholesterol), while lowering HDL (good cholesterol).
3. RETINOIDS Used to treat skin problems. They can slightly raise cholesterol
4. BETA BLOCKERS Usually used against high blood pressure. They can increase triglycerides (blood fats)
5. DIURETICS Usually use for high blood pressure. They can increase triglycerides (blood fats).
by Dr. Earl Mindell