1. Turmeric’s active ingredient is Curcumin which has been a traditional remedy for 4000 years
2. It contains polyphenols which are known to reduce inflammation and a natural remedy for osteoarthritis, rheumatoid arthritis and eye inflammation
3. It is shown to be effective in the prevention of Alzheimer’s disease.
4. It can be eaten as a vegetable or added to soups.
5. It is a favorite of the longest living people on earth, the Okinawans in Japan.
6. It is the principle spice in Indian cuisine.
by Dr. Earl Mindell